Cycling Juliana Loop
- The magnificent Juliana hiking trail was our inspiration to create the best version of a biking Juliana loop that brings you a combination of riding on safe and well-maintained cycling paths and small local roads.
- Opt to do it with an e-bike (electric-assist bike), a hybrid or a road bike.
- You’ll ride on scenic, flat to rolling terrain and sometimes do even some challenging climbs (with option to shuttle). E-bikes offer this amazing opportunity to couples and friends with different fitness level abilities to be able to ride together, and to overcome any distance and elevation that might have worried them before.
- Various stops along the way will offer swimming at Lake Bohinj, kayaking on emerald green Soca river or a ride with traditional Pletna boat, a stop at old wooden cottages that look like something straight out of a fairytale.
- Hop on a train ride and cross the Julian Alps under surface through Bohinj tunnel, travelling on Transalpina, a railway that in 1906 brought much needed connection between Vienna and Trieste in the at the time Austro-Hungarian empire, and gave light and importance to all the towns where it stopped.
- Put down your thirst with the local Radler and craft beer, try homemade local cheese and prosciutto, carniolian sausage, homegrown seasonal vegetables, smoked burgers and more.
- Explore the little Slovenian towns of Kranjska Gora, Radovljica, Bled, Kobarid and Bovec.
- We’ll book the most comfortable accommodation for you, organise luggage transfers, provide optional shuttles (if requested) and bicycles (if needed).
- Join our “Cycling Juliana loop” where you’ll get the best combination of highly rewarding spectacular riding, carefully picked lodging and delicious cuisine provided by warm hearted locals.
- For a guided option of this trip, please contact us.
- From May to October.
· Daily route extensions for more biking
· bike rental: E-bike or Marin / Trek hybrid bike with panniers (male frame)
· 4 nights accommodations
· 4 breakfasts
· Private shuttles
· Luggage transfers
· GPS tracks, maps and other materials
|Day 1||Kranjska Gora – Bled|
|Day 2||Bled – Pokljuka mountain plateau – Bohinj Lake|
|Day 3||Bohinj Lake – Bohinjska Bistrica – (train to) Podbrdo – Kobarid|
|Day 4||Kobarid – Bovec|
|Day 5||Bovec – Soca Valley – Vrsic pass – Kranjska Gora|
We are very proud to be selected by the Slovenian tourist board as ambassadors of cycling in Slovenia. Our CEO talking about Slovenia as a strong cycling destination.
- 4 bed and breakfast accommodation at our carefully selected accommodation in the area (double occupancy),
- transfers according to itinerary,
- train ride from Bohinjska Bistrica to Podbrdo,
- luggage transfers,
- map of the area and route instructions,
- GPS tracks,
- bike panniers (on your request),
- first aid kit (for the time of the hike),
- welcome meeting,
- 24/7 phone support,
- Rent e-bike,
- rent Trek bike (100 EUR/5 days), Marin bike (80 EUR/5 days),
- single supplement,
- shuttle Bled – Pokljuka,
- shuttle Bovec – Vršič,
- airport pick up/drop off,
- transfer Ljubljana – Bled – Ljubljana or any other extra transfer on tour,
- pre/post nights,
- additional activities: SUP, horse riding, adventure park, whitewater rafting, kayak,
- fine dining at restaurants by the trail.