Hike the Juliana Trail
- Juliana Trail is a 270 km long-distance hiking trail that offers you a great opportunity for easy hiking in the Alpine valleys of Triglav National Park, a chance to meet the locals and to experience the Julian Alps from a frog perspective.
- Our “Best of green Juliana trail” includes carefully hand-picked segments of the Juliana trail that offers you to experience the best hikes on forest trails and gravel paths (very little pavement time), with added some of the “must see” stops along the way to be able to admire the most beautiful views from bellow and high above, taste the best local food and sleep at carefully picked lodging.
- Julian Alps are in the hearth of Europe, the sole of the old continent, where natural and cultural jewels form part of UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere Program.
- Daily you’ll do 10 – 15 kilometers of hiking through diversity of natural terrain, on scenic, safe and well-maintained and marked hiking trails on flat to rolling terrain, passing grazing animals on high pasture and chatting with locals in rural settlements.
- Start the trip at idyllic picture perfect Bled Lake and end it in Ljubljana, the hip European green capital of Slovenia.
- Relax and swim at Lake Bohinj, hike along crystal clear waters of Tolmin Gorges, deep your feet in emerald green Soca River and walk past old wooden cottages that look like something straight out of a fairytale.
- Go for an evening stroll through the charming villages of Kranjska Gora, Kobarid, Radovljica and Tolmin. Overnight in the heart of Julian Alps and Triglav National Park, with the alpenglow of the surrounding mountain peaks.
- Wondering where and what to eat? We know the best local restaurants where you can taste homegrown seasonal vegetables, countryside farm-to-table cuisine, homemade local cheese, smoked meat, honey, wine and more. Fancy a chat with one of our young Michelin stars?
- Would you like to hike this trail, but not sure how to do it? We know this trail inside out and have the “best off” selection set for you, so you can hike totally worry free. We’ll arrange the most comfortable accommodation for you, provide shuttles and organize luggage transfers. And we’ll also reveal which hidden spots to visit, that no guidebook will tell.
- And if you have more time and want to do more, Juliana has a total of 16 stages, and we know this trail inside out, so we can easily set up additional hikes for you, according to your preferences and fitness level. Or do some other activities around Slovenia, visit other regions. Slovenia has lots to offer. Contact us to see what else you can do.
- Any dates from May to October.
- Contact us for a guided tour.
· 7 nights accommodation
· 7 breakfasts
· Private shuttles
· Luggage transfers
· GPS tracks, maps and other materials
|Day1||Bled – Pokljuka mountain plateau – Bohinj Lake|
|Day 2||Bohinj Lake – Bohinjska Bistrica – Most na Soči|
|Day 3||Most na Soči – Tolmin|
|Day 4||Kobarid – Bovec|
|Day 5||Soca trail along Soca river|
|Day 6||Sleme peak above Vršič pass – Kranjska Gora|
|Day 7||Foothills of Karavanke mountain ridge – Begunje|
|Day 8||Begunje – Bled|
Tour price is 890 EUR per person.
- 7 bed and breakfast accommodation at our carefully selected accommodation in the area (double occupancy),
- transfers according to itinerary,
- train ride from Bohinjska Bistrica to Most na Soči,
- tourist boat Lucija (Most na Soči),
- luggage transfers,
- map of the area and route instructions,
- GPS tracks,
- hiking poles rent (on your request),
- first aid kit (for the time of the hike),
- welcome meeting,
- 24/7 phone support,
- Single supplement,
- airport pick up/drop off,
- transfer Ljubljana – Bled – Ljubljana or any other extra transfer on tour,
- pre/post nights,
- additional activities: SUP, horse riding, adventure park, whitewater rafting, kayak,
- fine dining at restaurants by the trail.